Thursday, September 27, 2012

What's Your Journey?

You've heard and read about my journey and my pre-30 bucket list, now I want to hear from you! I want to compile a blog dedicated to the things my friends, family and readers think on the subject of turning 30.
 
If you have already experienced this milestone I want to hear your reflections, wise words, regrets, things you would tell your 25 year old self. What are some things you are glad you did/ accomplished by 30? What are some things you wish you would have done or didn't do?
 
If you have not yet turned in your 20's card, what are your feelings on turning 30, are you excited, scared, indifferent? What things do you want to accomplish or glad you have done?
In preparing to turn the corner, what are you most fearful of and/or most looking forward to?
 
 If you don't want your name next to your responses please just let me know you wish to be anonymous. I sincerely look forward to your thoughts and contributions!

2 comments:

  1. I'm afraid of everything, but I'm also afraid of nothing...it's a contradiction that works for me. I am 34 and still doing ok. I'm glad I got married when I was 30 and that I had my first baby at 31 and was still married (same guy) at 32 and had my second baby at 33. I'm glad at 34 to be moving away from a place that has some terrible feelings for me and to be moving to a place that holds awful memories for me but also so much love.
    I miss my physique from my 20's but know I can totally get it back once I start working at it.
    I regret not being seen for my true potential at a job that I have loved - it has not loved me back. I really regret not stepping up sooner and taking my passion to my desired level of achievement.
    I am glad that I have maintained some semblance of youthfulness even as I have gained maturity and sense.
    I would not have told my 20yr old self anything because even then I knew I would not have listened much to my older self. I guess I like the "adventure" of learning things sometimes the hard way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not 30 yet. It's coming soon, a little too soon, but I'm not there yet. I would tell my 30 year old self to keep up the good work.
    I hope to care a little less about another person's point of view of me. It gets easier every year, but I would love to only make decisions based on my gut of what I want, and what benefits me and my family. This includes sometimes letting the laundry pile up a little higher, and the dishes last more than a couple hours. And dancing with my son like no one is watching at a football game.
    Also, as I get older and older, I start to really grasp, in a big way, that you can't and don't want it all at the same time. The experience happen in the way they are supposed to, and that the end result isn't as fun as the getting there was. Total cliche - but also a cliche because of the truth in there.
    I wouldn't tell my 20 year old self anything as I don't want to. My 20 year old self made my almost 30 self the self that she is. And I like it. I might have a little "thicker" self than I want, but when thinking about that I should refer to the paragraphs above.
    I don't regret any choices I have made, but I sometimes regret choices that others have made that have severely impacted my life. How pompous is that?!
    The theme here is acceptance. For my actions in my 20's, for my teens, and I pray - my 30's and beyond. No regrets, and accept that sometimes sh*t happens. Just deal with it. And dance at Jags games.

    ReplyDelete